We are environmentally friendly decorating contractors covering Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes, Cambridge and surrounding areas of the UK.
Focus Decorators Limited is aware that our day to day activities will inevitably impact on our environment in a number of ways and wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activities wherever and whenever possible. As a consequence of this, management is committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
- To meet and, where appropriate, exceed the requirements of relevant legislation.
- Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials. All white spirit (VOC) is returned to stores where it is recycled and is ready for re-use. Where appropriate, the blank reverse sides of documents are used and paper recycling bins are in use.
- Minimise waste in all operations. Materials quantity control is strictly managed by the Contacts Manager to avoid waste. Wherever possible bulk orders delivered to avoid excessive journeys by the suppliers.
- Reduce quantities of environmentally harmful materials. Where appropriate we recommend to clients the use of water-borne products which have less environmental impact than solvent-borne products.
- Transportation. Where appropriate co-ordinate journeys to site to avoid unnecessary fuel consumption and lower fuel emissions.
- Dispose of waste paint in a safe manner.
- Employees will be made aware of the Environment Policy through 'in-house' training carried out by the Manager responsible for Health and Safety.
- The Manager with responsibility for Health and Safety will ensure all employees comply with the Environment Policy and will review the environmental performance on an annual basis.